Welcome to the College of Education. We look forward to seeing you during New Graduate Student Orientation Events. At orientation, you will have the opportunity to meet faculty, staff and peers. You will also learn about resources, working with your advisor and additional tips for a successful transition to graduate school. Unfortunatley, we have reached capacity and can no longer accept reservations for in-person participation. Please see below for information for students who are unable to attend in-person.
Our orientation events will occur in-person at Miller Hall. We are following the UW's guidance on in-person events which may change without advance notice. At the moment, masks are required when indoors for all individuals regardless of vaccination status.
Save the date for the following orientation events:
- BIPOC & International Student Orientation (9/24)
BIPOC & International Student Orientation
Friday September 24, 2021
9:30 AM - 4:30 PM | In-person at Miller Hall
Friday's BIPOC & International Student Orientation is accessible to all students of color, international students, and students holding other historically excluded identities. Students attending this orientation are encouraged to participate in Tuesday's orientation & welcome events. Do you identify as a new BIPOC or international student? If so, the Office of Student Diversity and Inclusion invites you to register for their orientation events occurring on Friday September 24! Please see an overview of the day below:
- BIPOC & International Student Welcome & Artifact Sharing Activity (Morning)
- Program Sessions (The CoE Community, Living in Seattle, Cultures in the CoE, Funding, etc.)
- International Student breakout sessions (afternoon)
- BIPOC Student breakout sessions (afternoon)
- Campus walking tour - Spaces for Us (early evening)
- New Graduate Student Orientation & Welcome Reception (9/28)
New Graduate Student Orientation
Tuesday September 28, 2021
10:30 AM - 4:30 PM | In-person at Miller Hall
Our new student orientation will help you learn about the College, meet faculty and other new students, and transition smoothly into life as a College of Education graduate student. Please see a brief overview of the schedule below. Don't forget to RSVP to help us plan our events appropriately.
- Welcome to the CoE Session (10:30AM - 11:30AM)
- M.Ed. Program Overview & Q&A (11:30 AM - 12:30 PM)
- Doctoral Program Overview & Q&A (11:30 AM - 12:30 PM)
- Student Lunch & Coffee Break (12:30 PM - 2:00 PM)
- Walking Campus Tour (1:15 PM - 2:00 PM)
- M.Ed. Student Panel (2:00 PM - 3:15 PM)
- Doctoral Student Panel (2:00 PM - 3:15 PM)
- Making the Most of the Faculty Advising Relationship (3:30 PM - 4:30 PM)
New Graduate Student Welcome Reception
Tuesday September 28, 2021
4:30 PM - 6:30 PM | In-person in the UW Quad
Please join us for our in-person welcome reception in the UW Quad. We will be outdoors and there will be very limited seating. Bring a blanket, mat, or towel to sit on!
Due to capacity limitations, we are no longer accepting reservations for in-person participation.
Information or those who cannot attend in person:
- Take a look at our virtual resource HUB which will be updated further as we approach the start of the Autumn 2021 quarter.
- Explore the Graduate School’s virtual orientation, U501
- Attend a virtual Q&A session hosted by Brittany & Paula from the Office of Student Services on Monday 9/27 at 4:00 PM. Registration is required.
If you have any questions please contact Brittany Ota-Malloy at firstname.lastname@example.org.