What is ASCE?
ASCE is and serves as the governing student body of the College of Education at the UW. We engage in community building within the college, help plan and organize social/educational events, and advocate for student voices and needs in various faculty committees and councils.
What does ASCE do?
- Lobbied for the creation of the student lounge
- Created the Graduate Student Advisee Handbook
- Officers sit on faculty committees
- Orchestrate the College of Ed's annual common book programming
- Attend faculty meetings to represent student voice
- Represent the College of Education at the Graduate and Professional Student Senate (GPSS)
- Represent the College of Education at the Associated Students of the University of Washington (ASUW)
- Organize social and community-building events with faculty, staff, and students
- Provide additional support during Orientation Days, Education Day on the Quad, and Research and Inquiry Presentations
All students who are enrolled in degree-seeking programs at the College of Education, UW – Seattle, are members of ASCE during quarters for which they are enrolled in at least one credit hour.
ASCE hosts open meetings once a month. All students are invited to attend, participate, and engage in our collective work.
ASCE Open Meetings
First Tuesdays of every month (excluding holidays)
For the 2020-21 school year
2 PM (PST)
Miller 216 - Student Lounge on 2nd Floor
ASCE Office: Miller Hall, Room 112 Carrel 3
Contact Information for 2020-21 Officers
Outgoing Chair: Cory Campbell (email@example.com)
Incoming Chair: Taychell Lott (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Undergraduate Chair: Jemiris Gonzalez-de Jesus (email@example.com)
Chair of Public Relations: Caitlin Bleary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Chair of GPSS Representation: A.J. Balatico (email@example.com)
Chair of Budget Committee: Nathan Houston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Chair of Academic Programs Committee: Cory Campbell (email@example.com)
Chair of Student Advancement: Evyn Kuske (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Chair of Diversity: Rae Han (email@example.com)
Social Chair: Ruoying Song (firstname.lastname@example.org)
At-Large Representative - US Diversity: Colleen Nguyen (email@example.com)
At-Large Representative - International Diversity: Hsin-Jung Li (Sara) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
At-Large Representative - Undergraduate: Ziqin Xie (email@example.com)