In this course teachers will explore a case study example from a real classroom as they explore how to grow children’s observational skills and writing development using single spot observations.
- Teachers will receive a standards (CCELA & NGSS) aligned lesson plan to create and modify for their own use to engage children in single spot observations.
- Educators will learn the purpose and importance of single spot observations for supporting science learning, and cross-disciplinary connections with literacy, math, and writing.
- Educators will explore single spot observations through examination of a case study example and examine/reflect on student work samples.
Dr. Michelle Salgado is a board certified elementary teacher and holds a PhD in Curriculum & Instruction. She is an advocate for the integration of outdoor learning, particularly during the pandemic when both teachers and students need time for meaningful collaborative activities through experiences with the natural world.
- Saturday, November 6, 2021, 9:30AM-11:00AM.
- It will include one 1.5 hour synchronous session and 2 hours of homework, for a total of 3.5 STEM clock hours.
- This course is designed for P-6 teachers.