In this 10-week module, participants will:
- learn about different coaching models and how to select elements among them for maximum impact at a specific school site;
- plan and implement inquiry-based, respectful, equity-driven cycles for coaching and mentoring individual teachers and teams;
- practice culturally responsive coaching strategies, including establishing trust, forming coaching relationships, observing teachers’ practice, collecting meaningful data, and engaging in reflective conversations;
- learn techniques for facilitating effective professional development sessions;
- craft a personalized action plan for next steps with their coaching work.
- This module can be structured as a series of in-person meetings (conveniently located at your district), a fully-online course, or a blended learning experience with online coursework and on-site support.
- The online and blended versions of this module includes audio-narrated slideshow presentation, an interactive discussion forum, and instructor webcam check-ins.
- All formats include interactive and engaging learning activities, research-based articles and chapters for discussion, and personalized feedback on each participant’s progress and action plan.
- Up to 25 participants may enroll in the module
- 30 clock hours are available for full participation in the module (partial clock hours available upon request)
- Timing of module is flexible and can be modified to suit district's needs
- UW instructor will come to your district to provide in-person support
“My experience [in this module] was wonderful. It really was one of the best trainings and learning experiences I’ve had in many years.”
– Lori Wachter, Intervention Teacher at Sunrise Elementary, Kent School District
“I learned the importance of being a good listener – it’s not about me being an expert, but it’s about really listening to the teacher you’re working with, and helping them reflect on and refine their own practice, with support.”
– Keira Anderson, Instructional Specialist, Mukilteo School District