As part of your application to the online Bachelor of Arts in Early Care & Education, you will need to write and submit a Personal Statement. Your Personal Statement should be an essay of 400-600 words.The essay should cover the topics and questions listed below.
If you have any questions about this prompt, please reach out to the ECE Admissions & Outreach Adviser at firstname.lastname@example.org -- we are happy to talk about this with you!
- Your expectations of the program. What do you hope to learn and to be able to do?
- Your experience or interest in working with young children (birth to 8 years old). What professional or volunteer experience do you have working with young children, or why are you drawn to working with young children?
- Your perception of the value of this program to your professional development. How do you hope to grow and benefit professionally?
- The ECE program helps to empowers students and graduates to make positive change in early learning and community settings in alignment with the NAEYC Advancing Equity Position Statement (2019). Please review the position statement and let us know: What are some of your goals for advancing equity in these settings?"
- What personal and professional qualities, strategies, and skills do you bring to the ECE program that will help you be a successful student?
- Is there anything else you would like to share with us?