Office of Student Services
The Office of Student Services is here to help you throughout your time in the College of Education. From navigating the application process to academic advising to connecting you with other UW services, we are ready to support your success.
Our office is located in 206 Miller Hall and is usually open Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, unless stated otherwise. Online appointments and meetings can occur outside these hours -- check with specific advisers or staff to find out their availability.
How can we help?
Our staff provides support with a range of issues and questions, including (but not limited to) those listed below. Please contact us for assistance!
- Advising and student support
- Application/admission questions
- Degree completion steps, deadlines and requirements
- Forms for UW, College of Education and Graduate School processes and procedures
- Graduation final steps, deadlines and logistics
- Maintaining student records
- Petition information and processes
- Professional and career development
- Providing a safe space for students to share concerns
- Referrals to other College and UW resources/offices
- Resolving unique or difficult situations
- Undergraduate services
- Formal academic advising for undergraduate majors
- Transferring coursework from other colleges and universities
- UW general education requirements
- Graduate services
- Faculty advisors and committees
- Funding questions (e.g. College scholarships and RA/TA positions)
- Master’s degree exam registration and general information
- On-leave status questions and forms
- Transferring or applying previous coursework
- Graduate student support advising